By Reaz Ahmed, Raouf Boutaba
This short provides a peer-to-peer (P2P) web-hosting infrastructure (named pWeb) that may rework networked, home-entertainment units into light-weight taking part net servers for many times storing and serving multimedia and web pages. the problems addressed contain making sure content material availability, Plexus routing and indexing, naming schemes, net identification, collaborative internet seek, community structure and content material indexing. In pWeb, user-generated voluminous multimedia content material is proactively uploaded to a close-by community position (preferably in the comparable LAN or at the least, in the similar ISP) and a established P2P mechanism guarantees web accessibility by means of monitoring the unique content material and its replicas. This new paradigm of knowledge administration strives to supply low or no-cost cloud garage and entices the top clients to add voluminous multimedia content material to the cloud facts facilities. although, it ends up in problems in privateness, community structure and content material availability. Concise and useful, this short examines the advantages and pitfalls of the pWeb web-hosting infrastructure. it truly is designed for pros and practitioners engaged on P2P and internet administration and can also be an invaluable source for advanced-level scholars learning networks or multimedia.
Read or Download Collaborative Web Hosting: Challenges and Research Directions (Springer Briefs in Computer Science) PDF
Similar information management books
Many firms are embracing wisdom administration as a resource of strategic virtue. yet already everyone is asking: "what comes subsequent? " Likewise nearly each huge association is seriously fascinated about e-commerce and turning their agencies into e-businesses. in the mean time so much e-commerce is concentrated on promoting conventional services and products in the course of the new medium of the web.
The 'great divide' among private and non-private wisdom in capitalism is an risky frontier on the center of up to date monetary adjustments. in accordance with study within the united states, Europe and Brazil into the state-of-the-art of organic technology and know-how, this publication provides a unique framework for realizing this traditionally moving fault-line.
Have been you trying to find the publication with entry to MyStatLab? This product is the booklet on my own, and doesn't include entry to MyStatLab. purchase the ebook and entry card package deal to save cash in this source. In records for enterprise: selection Making and research, authors Robert Stine and Dean Foster of the collage of Pennsylvania's Wharton institution, take a worldly method of educating statistics within the context of creating stable enterprise judgements.
Quantity nine: historic views, half B: amazing humans in Mass Spectrometry of The Encyclopedia of Mass Spectrometry in short experiences the lives and works of a few of the significant those who performed this improvement, offering insights into the heritage of mass spectrometry functions throughout the own tales of pioneers and innovators within the box.
- PowerShell für die Windows-Administration: Ein kompakter und praxisnaher Überblick
- CISA Exam Prep Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Measuring Data Quality for Ongoing Improvement: A Data Quality Assessment Framework
- Leadership: All You Need To Know
- Mastering Organizational Knowledge Flow: How to Make Knowledge Sharing Work (Wiley and SAS Business Series)
Additional info for Collaborative Web Hosting: Challenges and Research Directions (Springer Briefs in Computer Science)
12. The limit on speed-up according to Amdahl’s law. 13. Task graph exhibiting limited inherent parallelism. INTRODUCTION TO PARALLELISM 19 many processors are used. 1, speed-up has an upper bound of 10. Fortunately, there exist applications for which the sequential overhead is very small. Furthermore, the sequential overhead need not be a constant fraction of the job independent of problem size. In fact, the existence of applications for which the sequential overhead, as a fraction of the overall computational work, diminishes has been demonstrated.
3. Government funding in the United States and other countries dried up, in part related to the end of the cold war between the NATO allies and the Soviet bloc. Commercial users in banking and other data-intensive industries were either saturated or disappointed by application difficulties. Microprocessors developed so fast in terms of performance/cost ratio that customdesigned parallel machines always lagged in cost-effectiveness. Many of the newly formed companies went bankrupt or shifted their focus to developing software for distributed (workstation cluster) applications.
8. Computing prefix sums on a linear array with two items per processor. originating at different processors can flow rightward and leftward in lockstep, without ever interfering with each other. Broadcasting. If Processor i wants to broadcast a value a to all processors, it sends an rbcast(a) (read r-broadcast) message to its right neighbor and an lbcast(a) message to its left neighbor. Any processor receiving an rbcast(a ) message, simply copies the value a and forwards the message to its right neighbor (if any).
- Download Alternatives to Animal Testing by R. E. Hester, R. M. Harrison PDF
- Download The Strategic CIO: Changing the Dynamics of the Business by Philip Weinzimer PDF