By E. Shashi Menon
This booklet covers liquid pipeline hydraulics because it applies to transportation of drinks via pipelines in one section regular country atmosphere. it is going to function a realistic guide for engineers, technicians and others fascinated about layout and operation of pipelines transporting drinks. at present, present books at the topic are mathematically rigorous, theoretical and shortage sensible purposes. utilizing this ebook, engineers can larger comprehend and follow the foundations of hydraulics to their day-by-day paintings within the pipeline with out resorting to advanced formulation and theorems. various examples from the author's genuine existence adventure are integrated to demonstrate software of pipeline hydraulics.
Read Online or Download Liquid Pipeline Hydraulics PDF
Similar hydraulics books
Basically viscous nonNewtonian constitutive equations
Simple fluid theory
4 different sections no longer proven
The topic of this booklet is the effective resolution of partial differential equations (PDEs) that come up while modelling incompressible fluid circulate. the cloth is geared up into 4 teams of 2 chapters each one, protecting the Poisson equation (chapters 1 & 2); the convection-diffucion equation (chapters three & 4); the Stokes equations (chapters five & 6); and the Navier-Stokes equations (chapters 7 & 8).
Now in its 5th version, Hydraulics in Civil and Environmental Engineering combines thorough insurance of the elemental ideas of civil engineering hydraulics with wide-ranging remedy of functional, real-world purposes. This vintage textual content is thoroughly dependent into elements to handle ideas prior to relocating directly to extra complicated issues.
- Mathematical Topics in Fluid Mechanics: Volume 2: Compressible Models
- Floating Offshore Wind Energy: The Next Generation of Wind Energy
- Basic Flight Mechanics: A Simple Approach Without Equations
- Theory and Applications of Nonviscous Fluid Flows
- An introduction to finite element, boundary element, and meshless methods with applications to heat transfer and fluid flow
Additional info for Liquid Pipeline Hydraulics
3 Pressure Drop due to Friction In this chapter, we introduce the concept of pressure in a liquid and how it is measured. The liquid flow velocity in a pipe, types of flow, and the importance of the Reynolds number will be discussed. For different flow regimes, such as laminar, critical, or turbulent, methods will be discussed as to how to calculate the pressure drop due to friction. Several popular formulas such as the Colebrook-White and Hazen-Williams equations will be presented and compared.
28) are: Adiabatic bulk modulus=231,426 psi Isothermal bulk modulus=181,616 psi The bulk modulus of water at 70°F is 320,000 psi. 7 Fundamental Concepts of Fluid Flow In this section we discuss fundamental concepts of fluid flow that will set the stage for the succeeding chapter. The basic principles of continuity and energy equations are introduced first. 1 Continuity One of the fundamental concepts that must be satisfied in any type of pipe flow is the principle of continuity of flow. This principle states that the Copyright © 2004 by Marcel Dekker, Inc.
Copyright © 2004 by Marcel Dekker, Inc. 2 Barometer for measuring pressure. 2 the atmospheric pressure Pa exerted at the surface of the liquid is equal to the sum of the vapor pressure Pv and the pressure generated by the column of the barometric liquid of height Hb. 5), if pressures are in psi and liquid specific weight is in lb/ ft3, the pressures must be multiplied by 144 to obtain the barometric reading in feet of liquid. 5) is valid for barometers with any liquid. 6) Let us compare the use of water and mercury as barometric liquids to measure the atmospheric pressure.
- Download Be As You Are: The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi by Edited by David Godman PDF
- Download All About Hinduism by Swami Sivananda PDF